What Is New
4/1/2018 Version 17.0 released
- Added support for Active Directory. You can add Active Directory groups to R-Tag roles and use Active directory users instead of creating R-Tag users
- Added support for email Distribution groups. Define groups of users, emails and Active directory groups and use them to send emails. For example create a distribution group Senior Management and set multiple scheduled jobs to send emails to this group. When a new manager is added to the team just add the contact info to the Senior Management distribution group and the manager will start receiving all important reports
- Added export to E-book (extension EPUB) and Open Document Format (extension ODT)
- Added "watch folder". When a password protected file with report / job settings and parameters is saved in this folder R-Tag scheduler will use the data and run the report / job. This is useful when it is necessary to run reports from custom applications. This is added as an alternative of using command prompt parameters. The command prompt approach has security issues since it is easy to tamper and to run reports without permissions. It also may cause memory and concurency issues since for each report the custom application will start a separate copy of the reporting software.
- New Query editor to allow creating queries for Advanced dashboards using visual interface