Desktop application and Windows service to schedule reports for processing. Works in Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, Server 2003-2016). RT Crystal Scheduler supports Crystal reports 7 - 2016. RT Scheduler Pro in addition of Crystal Reports supports MS Reporting Services SSRS, Interactive Dashboards and Ad-hoc queries for literally any database (including SQLServer, Oracle, MSAccess). Direct export to RT Document Management.
- Export to multiple file formats in a single pass.
- Workflow to run reports based on dynamic conditions.
For example run the English or French report version based on customer's preferred language
- Crystal Reports bursting and SSRS Data driven subscriptions with SQL Server Standard edition.
- Custom variables and formulas to set parameters' values, exported file names and folder names.
- WYSWUG email editor with support for mail merge, embeded images and tables.
- Embed HTML or Image exported from reports in the email body and attach exported files.
- Export to Excel, PDF and ZIP files with passwords.
- Export to Local network files, internal Document management, SharePoint and Office 365.
- Visual interface similar to Outlook calendar.
- RT Report Manager own Windows service to run tasks without user involvment.
- Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly Hourly and Minutely recurrence.
- Maintenance tasks to backup RT Report Manager database, clear temp files etc.
- Unlimited simultaneous tasks. Synchronisation to guarantee different tasks will not overwrite files.
- Print and export schedule list. Day, Work Week, Week , Month and Timeline Views.
- Export to Excel file with multiple worksheets. Direct export to XLSX and DOCX.
- No dependency by MS Office, Windows task scheduler or any other external software.
- Crystal reports is not required. RT Report Manager will install everything necessary to run and export your Crystal or SSRS reports.
- MS Office is not required
No need to spend money on MS Office license on the server. Our internal Excel, Word and PDF viewers will allow you to review generated files without external software..
- Multiuser support. Assign permissions to users and allow them to work with different reports and jobs.
- Network support. Install the scheduler on the server and control it from any computer in the network (requires one RT Viewer license per computer).
- Define a variable to get the current user and pass it to the report as a parameter. In such way you can filter report data based on who runs the report. Parameter can be set as hidden to prevent the user to change the calculated value.In similar way you can add values for workstation, time of the day, current culture etc.
- Burst single report to multiple files or to a single Excel file with multiple worksheets. Each group will be exported as a separate worksheet.
- Use PUSH method for reports with many subreports. Most of the time reports are using PULL method when retieving data from the database. This is easy but slow because data for each subreport will be retrieved in a separate call to the database. PUSH method allows to run an external command and to feed the report with the data. Since the command is able to return multiple recordsets all the data will be retieved in one call to the database. In addition it is possible to reuse subset of data instead of retrieving it from scratch for each subreport.
- Create parameters templates for previous week, month and year and switch parameters' values in one click
|Multiuser and support for network operations
(control server scheduler from a user machine)
|Data driven reports
|- Conditional processing
|- Continuous processing
|- Conditional report connections
We DO NOT use Excel automation for our export to Excel features. Excel automation is a method to call Excel from another software to process or generate files. It is simplifying the development, but increases the cost of the software because it requires Microsoft Office license in order the software to work. Excel automation also may cause issues when the software is used. Acording to Microsoft:
Microsoft does not currently recommend, and does not support, Automation of Microsoft Office applications from any unattended, noninteractive client application or component (including ASP, ASP.NET, DCOM, and NT Services), because Office may exhibit unstable behavior and/or deadlock when Office is run in this environment.
Read the full article here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/257757