Getting started with RT Report Viewer and Scheduler
Getting started with RT Functions
Installing SQL Server database
How to fix "RT Report Manager cannot work with this database"?
How to solve "All Workstations licenses are in use"?
- 1. I started RT Report Manager and it is asking for password. I did not set any users or passwords. How do I login ?
- During the installation RT Report Manager will create an user "BuiltIn Administrator" with empty password (no password). Please set a password for "BuiltIn Administrator" user to avoid security issues.
- 2. I started RT Report Manager and I am getting a message "All workstation licenses are in use". How to resolve this ?
This message is shown when you install RT Report Manager on more computers than your license allows. A possible reason might be a hardware upgrade, when RT Report Manager is moved on a new computer and the old one is retired.
To resolve the issue you need to disable the old computer in RT Report Manager. Please check this document to find how to do this: How to solve "All Workstations licenses are in use""
- 3. My Navigation panel is missing and I cannot see my reports
This might be happening because the coordinates of the Navigation panel are incorrect. The easiest way to resolve the issue is to open Settings, then, in the tree on left, select Maintenance/Actions.
On the right, in the Maintenance action combobox, select "Layouts" and click the "Clear" button.
RT Report Manager will restart and will generate new layouts. All personal formatting, grid layouts, and etc. will be lost. If you would like to preserve your personal formatting, click "Open folder", close RT Report Manager, and then, in File manager, delete file MainManager.xml . This will preserve all other settings except the layout of the main screen.
- 4. I used the button "Use Windows service" and set the user credentials for the service but the service is not working. How do I configure the windows service ?
In order to setup the windows service for RT Scheduler you need to run RT Report Manager as Administrator. Find RTManager.exe, right click and click menu "Run as Administrator".
Then go to Settings and select Schedule from the tree. Press the button "Set Current Workstation as Active" and then press "Use Windows Service".
Insert the user name and password , which will be used for the windows service and restart the computer.
Here are step by step instructions how to activate RT Scheduler service: Activate RT Scheduler Windows Service
- 5. Jobs are working fine in RT Report Manager but fail when started by RT Scheduler service. What is wrong ?
Windows services cannot access mapped drives. So, if your reports are placed on a network drive (or you want to export a report to a network drive) you need to use UNC path.
For example a path R:\Reports\Report1.rpt will work fine for RT Report Manager when you run the report manually but will fail when the report is started by RT Scheduler service.
Mapped drive R is saved in the user profile and the windows service will be not able to read it. RT Scheduler will return error message about missing report file because drive R doesn't exists for the windows service.
The UNC path for the example above looks like \\Server1\Reports\Report1.rpt. The same rule is valid when you define the export paths.
- 6. RT Report Manager is showing a message "RT Report Manager cannot work with this database."
- The reason for this is incorectly set internal database. Please check this document how to fix this: How to fix "RT Report Manager cannot work with this database"?.
- 7. Crystal reports is missing from the list of available reports. How do I add it ?
- Open Settings, in the tree select Reports->Crystal reports, on the right side check the checkbox "Use Crystal reports plugin". Restart RT Report Manager and you will be asked if you would like RT Report Manager to download and compile the plugin for Crystal reports.