Using RT Crystal Version Control to manage Crystal reports in Epic
- Need to update the connection string
- What has changed in the new reports?
- Did we customize any of the new reports?
- Inventory our reports
- Quickly identify any dependencies
All this and even more can be handled using RT Version control. It is optimized to work with multiple users and manages not just the changes, but also the access to the reports. It can report changes by time, developer, vendor, computer etc. Our customers report tremendous time saving.
Advantages of using RT Version Control with Epic reports:
- You will be able to identify the reports with changes in minutes, import them to the system and find what was changed. Later you can use this information to update the new reports if some of them overwrite reports with customizations.
- Find all reports with new versions in a specific period.
- Compare the old and new version of the same report
- Manage access to the reports for the developers. When a report is edited by one developer it will be locked and not accessible for anybody else. Changes are reported by developer too, so you can find who deployed and when it was deployed.